DENNIS WEISSMAN & ASSOCIATES, LLC
Dennis Weissman is a widely respected independent healthcare analyst, consultant and thought leader who has worked in the clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology sectors for over three decades.
Upcoming Speaking Engagements for Dennis Weissman
California Clinical Laboratory Association
2017 Annual Conference, Costa Mesa, CA
“Lab Policy Outlook from the Nation’s Capitol, Truth & Consequences in the Trump Era”
24th Annual Washington Clinical Laboratory Conference, Tukwila, WA
“Hard Realities for Health Policy in the Trump Era: What’s in Store for Labs”
National Webinar presented by Compliance Online
“Medicare’s New Market-Based Pricing System for Clinical Laboratory Services” (1:00 – 2:30 pm ET)
National Webinar presented by ComplianceIQ
“How Clinical Laboratories Will Be Impacted by Medicare’s Market-Based System for for Lab Testing” (1:00 – 2:30 pm ET)
National Webinar presented by ComplianceIQ
“Where FDA Is Heading in Regulating Laboratory-Developed Tests” (1:00 – 2:00 pm ET)
National Webinar presented by Laboratory Economics
“Leaving Money on the Table: Get Smarter in Collecting From Patients in the Era of High Deductibles” (2:00 – 3:15 pm ET)
Lab Briefings Webinar presented by Cardinal Health
“2018 Outlook for the Clinical Lab Industry” (1:00 – 2:00 pm ET)”
Strategic market intelligence
M&A Advisory Services
Public Policy Advice
Mr. Weissman serves as a expert healthcare consultant for the primary research and knowledge firm that operates a membership-based platform of subject matter experts who provide independent ad-hoc consulting services to companies around the world.
Mr. Weissman serves as an expert instructor on federal regulations affecting healthcare providers and suppliers with emphasis on Medicare and OIG requirements and how to ensure compliance.
Healthcare Industry Consultant
A nationally known, independent analyst, consultant, speaker and thought leader for the clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology sectors for over three decades, Dennis is President of Dennis Weissman & Associates, LLC, Falls Church, VA, a consultancy which provides M&A advisory services, market intelligence, business leadership and public policy advice to diagnostic and life science companies and organizations.
Mr. Weissman has expertise in Medicare and health care reform policies and trends; clinical laboratory and pathology payment & compliance policies as well as business and financial trends affecting the diagnostic and medical technology sectors. He regularly speaks on a wide variety of healthcare topics during webinars, seminars and conferences sponsored by professional associations, medical groups and healthcare companies.
- In 1979, Dennis founded and served as publisher of Washington G-2 Reports through 2003 (now G2 Intelligence), an information company that reports on and analyzes the U.S. clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology sectors via newsletters, research reports and conferences. He subsequently served as senior consultant to G-2 from 2004-2014.
- He served as lecturer, Health Care Management, School of Business Administration, Marymount University, Arlington, VA ( 1997-2002)
- Dennis served as the Director of the Washington Office of the American Society for Medical Technology (now ASCLS) ,1974-1979)
- He served as a Special Assistant to the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health, Department of Health, Education & Welfare (now HHS) from 1973-1974)
- Dennis was Director, Federal Education Affairs, American Optometric Association from 1972-1973
- He served on the advisory boards for the following companies: Viewics, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA, an analytics platform for healthcare organizations; Slone Partners, a national executive search firm that specializes in recruitment for the life sciences, diagnostics, and laboratory testing services industries; Interpace Diagnostics, Inc, Parsippany, NJ, a company focused on developing and commercializing molecular diagnostic tests, leveraging the latest technology and personalized medicine for better patient diagnosis and management; National Cervical Cancer Coalition, Board of Directors, and Marymount University, Arlington, VA, Healthcare Management Advisory Board
- Dennis has served as a consultant for the following companies: England & Company, LLC Washington, DC, an independent investment banking and advisory firm dedicated to the middle market; PSA, LLC, Florence, SC, a leading provider of business services and support to independent pathology and clinical laboratory practices; and BD, Franklin Lakes, NJ, a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts degree in political science from the State University of New York at Buffalo
- Master of Science degree in counseling and higher education administration from Indiana Unversity, Bloomington, IN.
Clinical Laboratory Industry News
Rising out-of-pocket costs by healthcare consumers are creating a major financial challenge for all types of providers including laboratories and anatomic pathology groups which are seeing growing bad debt directly attributable to the increasing numbers of...read more
What’s the bottom-line for labs? About three quarters of all test codes on the revised CLFS would have their payment amounts reduced under the weighted median of private payor rates while a mere 10% would be raised. Even worst for labs, the preliminary market-based CLFS rates would result in a cumulative reduction averaging roughly 35% for the majority of high volume tests over the next few years. These cuts will be phased in, with a maximum 10% per year for each of the first three years (2018-2020) and no more than a 15% cut per year for the following three years (2021-2023).read more